The Gala of Secrets: Brentwood Hosts First Ever Mystery Art Show

Alfredo Gonsalez and Jefferson Michel

On the evening of Wednesday, November 8, Brentwood High School hosted its first ever Mystery Art Sale. Original works of art by both faculty members and students were debuted. The event commenced at 6:30 PM in the Sonderling Center. The price of admission was $5.00 per ticket and $20.00 for those who wished to purchase art. This “Evening of the Arts” not only displayed the artistic capabilities of our students and faculty, but also demonstrated the true spirit of art and the culture that inhabits Brentwood.

The atmosphere of the art show was one to remember. Upon first walking in, there was no other choice but to behold the spectacular art pieces made by students and faculty. The corridor, although packed, truly signified the importance of fine arts within our school. In addition to artwork being displayed throughout the night, there was also a music show presented by the school’s music teachers.

To those who are fortunate enough to have attended an elementary school within the school district, it was also a night filled with nostalgia, as one could see former students and teachers and relive the olden days. For those of you who are new to the district, there was a chance to see the capabilities of both art and music teachers that even music students themselves rarely get to see in class.                                                                                                                                 

Many students had the opportunity to have their work sold! By the end of the night, the school was able to raise a successful $6,000 in funds! All the collected proceeds will be going towards the Manny Vega Art Scholarships as well as the Dr. Joel Ratner Music Scholarships.

The Art Show was triumphant event in our school. It is a testament to the fact that we do not base our worth only on our intelligence or physical ability, but also on the many creative gifts that we develop as people. Therefore if we wish to maintain that which keeps us set apart from all other school districts, we must invest more of our time and effort into artistic endeavors.