Student Council Election Profiles

Adriana Flores – Junior Class President Ross

I am committed to improving my school and community. Throughout the years I have volunteered countless times by feeding the homeless or setting up school dances. I am proud to say I am part of the Green Machine Marching Band, Commissioner of the Brentwood Recycling Club, and Vice-President of the Lgbt Club. My goal for senior year is to make an even greater impact at our school and create positive change for all of us.

Amber Connell – Student Council President Sonderling

My name is Amber Connell and I am currently running for the position of Co-President for Student Council in Sonderling. Despite being a sophomore, I have the qualities needed for success in this position. Through my past Presidency position within Sophomore class, I have demonstrated the skills necessary for a Co-President; Leadership, organization, diligence, integrity, and commitment. I will always be open to new ideas and suggestions other students give to me, while still maintaining an organized thought process on how I can make YOUR lives at Brentwood High School the most enjoyable. Go Indians!!! 🙂

Emerese Noel – Senior Executive Board Ross

I have held several leadership positions in the past, so I understand what it is like to be a leader. I do very well in group environments and I work well with others. For example, I am apart of the lacrosse team, newspaper and I’ve held important roles in multiple school musicals here. I am excited about bringing change to our school with the help of the student council advisors and other positions in office.

Erick Intriago – Senior Executive Board Ross

I should be elected as a Senior Executive because I will work hard on your behalf, listen to your ideas and do everything in my power to make this school the best that it can be. If elected, I will continue to fight for justice, transparency, and equality for our student body. It is my prime goal to involve the students’  voices by implementing a  suggestion box to propose ideas and address concerns. I also want to create a channel of student representation on our city’s School Board, which supervises our school’s administration but does not offer an opportunity for student voices to be heard. It is not a secret that latenesses has become an issue, that is why I also want to fight for two extra minutes between classes that will aid students during the intermission period. I believe I have a positive view of my future and all the skills necessary for helping others.

Evelyn Fuentes – Senior Class President Ross

Hi I’m Evelyn Fuentes and I am running for Senior Class President. I have the necessary experience required to be the leader of this club. I believe the experience I’ve gained from being the president of the government club has helped me develop the skills necessary to be your president. In the government club I’ve learned great communication skills and public speaking techniques. Tasks in the government club have allowed me to gain crucial experience in order to properly organize large events. I am also in National Honor Society, Social Studies Honor Society, and the Spanish Honor Society. All of these societies have helped me become reliable and capable of leading others.

Geobany Mojica – Junior Class Executive Board Ross

I am choosing to apply for a position as a Junior Class Executive Board Member for my 11th grade Junior year to get myself more involved with the students and faculty of Brentwood Highschool. I feel like this position will be suitable for me because I have strong ideas for how I would like to help the school. I’m reliable, responsible, and able to properly communicate with others in order to assist in any matter. I enjoy participating  in events or any extracurricular activities in order to get a better understanding of new things. I believe I have the capability and work ethic to fulfill this position.

Jenna German – Junior Class President Sonderling

I have been involved in student council throughout the year and have gained understanding of the student body. As the Junior class Co-President I would be able to communicate the ideas from our junior class. My goal for our Junior year is to get more students involved with the school, and to prepare for our senior year!

Jennifer Salvador – Junior Executive Ross)

This upcoming year Student Council is something I genuinely want to be involved in. I want to help in any way I can because every single important decision can impact many students’ paths in school. I am very fortunate to be able to participate and be part of many other societies, organizations, and events. This has molded me into becoming someone that just wants to be more active within the school, meet/work with astonishingly great people, and be part of great clubs like this that will allow me to make them even better with new ideas. If I do get this position, I will make it my mission to implement everyone’s ideas and voices in upcoming decisions.

Justin Sorto – Student Council Executive Board Ross
For this coming 11th grade school year I have decided that I want to make a change for the better. Generally, I do not participate in many extracurricular activities, but I want to make strong positive differences and become more involved in our community. I have just recently started trying to be more active within Brentwood and on Long Island by attending the Breast Cancer Survivor Walk and applying to volunteer at Southside Hospital. I know that I’ve made mistakes in the past, but I will not let it become a setback. I will always continue to grow and learn from my previous mistakes. I have truly changed for the better, and I see student council as a strong way to become involved in the Brentwood community that I admire so much.

Katyushka Salvatierra Junior Class Co-President Sonderling

Student Council is supposed to be the voice of the students and unfortunately, in our school, this voice is nearly nonexistent because a huge part of the school doesn’t speak out. The reason that I want to join Student Council, more specifically be Junior Class Co-President, is to make sure that the needs, beliefs, and ideas of students are heard and met. I want to be able to help change the ways of the school at the moment as well as change the future of our school. Being Junior Co-President consists of being very responsible, having great leadership abilities, being able to work with others, a respectful character, good time management skills and a great academic performance, which are skills that I have been able to acquire throughout the years. I would love to get more involved with the school, meet with diverse but amazing people to discuss how we can make the school better, be a part of the reason why great things are happening and hopefully change the lives of many in positive ways.

Melanie Velaonia – Senior Executive Board Sonderling

My name is Melanie Velaonia and I am running for Student Council Senior Executive. I have been an executive member of Student Council since my Freshman year and I want to finish off my high school career by further contributing to the school while being part of an important club here. I have a passion for contributing to the community which is why I made the decision to volunteer at the Gurwin Jewish Nursing and Rehabilitation center in Stony Brook. Next year I would like to join the Interact Club. Being part of the Stony Brook HOPE Program and National Honor Society are proof that I have the work ethic, drive, and leadership skills to be an executive member. I know the responsibility that I would be taking on and what is expected of me due to me having the opportunity of becoming Co-President of Medical Society. I want to make this upcoming school year a memorable year for everyone, especially for the class of 2020. With all that being said, I hope you vote for me for Senior Executive member.

Natali Salvador – Junior Executive Ross

As sophomores, we don’t really have much of a say in our school. We’re the new generation. We experience high school differently than the seniors because it’s our first time in a new place. This position would be a great opportunity to develop leadership by organizing and carrying out school activities and service projects.  In addition to planning events that contribute to school spirit and community welfare, student council is the voice of the student body and I would love to make sure to implement the voices of the students in our school.  I hope to help share student ideas, interests and concerns with the school community and make sure to be the best representative I can for our school. I hope to work alongside my peers and make sure we offer as much as the students deserve. I hope to learn along the way and grow in every way.

Nicole Lopez – Senior Class Executive Board Sonderling

My name is Nicole Lopez, and I am running for senior class executive board member. I would first like to thank you for considering me to be a part of the Student Council. That being said I also believe that my work and personality will help me fit this role. If I get this position I promise to execute my responsibilities and duties, listen, and communicate. The student Council should show time management, respect and responsibility, all of which I have demonstrated. I have proven to be able to prioritize and manage time well by managing to keep my grades up while still being a part of many after school activities and teams. The activities I have been a part of this year thus far are Briefing team, Tarc team, Green Machine, Medical Society, Science Olympiads, Feminist Society, and more. We learn respect in ROTC as well as responsibility. As you can see, I would be a well-rounded candidate for office.

Selena Paredes – Senior Executive Board Sonderling

I want to run for the senior executive board member position. This will be my first time running for a leadership position in school and I am very excited because of that. I think I can bring new ideas to the table and help others succeed. The reason I wanted to run is to try something new and I also like being involved in school activities. I play lacrosse, and run winter track. I am in the Spanish and National Honor Society. Also i helped with pizza sales for the junior board club. This would be a fun experience for me and I think I would be a good use in our school.

Urnive Blot – Senior Class President Ross

My name is Urnive Blot, I’m sixteen years old and i am an 11th grader. This is my second year at Brentwood High School and I cannot wait to start my next and last year of high school. Being the new kid at school multiple times throughout my life has not given me enough opportunities to get involved, but I wanted to change that at the first school I’ve spent more than a year in. This year I decided to volunteer at the Gurwin Jewish nursing home, volunteer at Stony Brook HOPE program  and joined clubs such as Leadership club, the Recycling Club, the Medical Society club and I plan to join the LGBT club as well as the Anti- Bullying club. I have heard a lot about student council and how it collaborates with the senior and junior class to help the school be the best it could be for everyone. I want to be part of Senior Class to be able to help and to serve the school I have become very fond of.

Adriana De Zotti – Senior Class President Sonderling

Working with a team may be difficult at times but not when everyone does their part and manages their time wisely. I’m an amazing right hand but I also feel I’ve done an efficient job at keeping people on task. As current president of Junior class we have been able to raise more than $1200 for our prom next year, run pizza and bake sales, and create new intuitive ideas to help raise money, all with the help of an amazing team. I’m also apart of A.P.P.L.E society and the restorative justice program at our school which has only allowed me to work with more students and outside influences to help create a safer and better school environment. I’ve proven myself worthy of being a great leader so let me prove to you what more I can do for our class.