NHS hosts Virtual Holiday Party with Southwest Elementary Students

Mr. and Mrs. Clause were able to make a surprise virtual appearance.

Julia Spadaro, Business Manager, Layout Editor

Brentwood’s National Honor Society hosted a virtual meeting Thursday, Dec. 22to bring holiday cheer to the special needs children from Southwest Elementary school.  

Each child was provided with a gift to open from Santa Clause and crafts to complete alongside the members from the high school. Each child was able to make a snowflake and candy cane and even color. 

At the end of the event surprise guests came to visit virtually—Santa Clause, Mrs. Clause, and 4 elves! The children were excited to open their presents and show off what they had received.  

NHS students pose with St. Nick in festive holiday attire while following Covid protocols. (Julia Spadaro)

This trip is an annual event that had to adjust due to the pandemic. The kids each were able to come to the camera to show their crafts, gifts, and holiday spirits to Mr. and Mrs. Clause 

The members of the National Honor Society wore festive attire, had Christmas virtual backgrounds, and cheered on each and every elementary student.  

NHS hopes to continue this event every year because it is important to both groups of kids to spread holiday cheer. Although virtual, the event ran successfully as everyone was proud to uphold the tradition safely this year! 

NHS students and Santa Clause were present to watch students open their gifts and complete their crafts. (Julia Spadaro)