What’s on Your Mind, Class of 2022?

Lilian Velasquez

As the school year comes to an end, seniors begin to take their first steps into the unknown. These are memorable moments that will help build the futures of these students. It pushes them out of their comfort zones and encourages them to take more chances. How are they feeling about this new transition? What are some regrets and goals that they may have? And are they happy about where they currently are in life? Fortunately for you, the Pow Wow asked a few Brentwood High Schools seniors, Katya Cordon, Oishee Naha, and Yasmin Rodriguez, to share their thoughts.

Q: What do you wish you could’ve done differently in high school?

Cordon: I wish I didn’t work as much, focused more on school, and not stressed as much because at the end of the day, it’s not worth your mental health.

Naha: I wish I took less APs, focused more on my happiness rather than stressing about grades, and joined at least one sport.

Rodriguez: I wish I would’ve put in more effort in high school these past few years.

Q: What are 3 goals you wish to accomplish this summer?  

Cordon: Three goals I wish to accomplish is getting a job that makes me happy, finding out who I am and what my career will be, and finding happiness.

Naha: Three goals I wish to accomplish include learning how to swim, practicing martial arts, and traveling.

Rodriguez: Three goals I wish to accomplish this summer is getting a job, saving up for college, and getting my license.

Q: What will you miss the most after graduation?  

Cordon: I’ll miss spending time with my friends.

Naha: I will miss my friends. 

Rodriguez: What I’ll miss the most after graduation will be hanging out with my friends at school every day.

Q: What do you plan to do with your life as you move forward?  

Cordon: As of right now, I don’t know what to do with my life which stresses me out, but I hope I can find my purpose soon.

Naha: I plan to become a pharmacist.

Rodriguez: I plan to become a teacher with maybe a small business on the side. 

Q: Who influenced you the most during your High School education?  

Cordon: I think my best friend was the one who always pushed me. She knew how hard it was to keep both my jobs and schoolwork so she always tried to help me as much as she could.

Naha: My sister influenced me the most during my high school education.

Rodriguez: The person who influenced me the most was my aunt. She was an inspiration to me because of how outgoing she is and how dedicated she is to move forward and to keeping a positive attitude towards life no matter what.