Satire: Students Teach EnglishZ

Edwin Gomez, Staff Writer

Ever thought teachers are lame and un-relatable? Me too!

Starting next school year, BHS will be implementing a new course, EnglishZ. This class will be taught by students to teachers, and they will be learning how to communicate in GenZ slang.

Have you heard the expression ” the bell doesn’t dismiss you, I do?” Guess what!? You finna be dismissing yo teachers now, cuz.

” Yo bro not finna cap with you, ma class bouta be fire because these booms will finally be able to cop our slang and I will now be able to actually understand and be straight,” said senior Jay Flock.

“Yo fam, I’ll keep it a buck. This class might actually be lit cuz then those walking dust clouds will finally act hip,” said Chad Wilson, a junior.

This statement comes after a grade-wide interview with the senior class of 2024, attempting to gain a greater perspective on how this future class will be perceived.

Students will be able to apply online to teach the course. If selected to participate, there will be a 2-week summer program where they will be taught how to give lessons and prepare PowerPoints.

In this program, students will learn skills in leadership, public speaking. They will earn 25 cents per period taught and will be provided breakfast each morning in the form of a free donut.

Centuries apart between students and teachers makes the disconnect. With this new class, students will be able to comprehend each other and create mutual respect.

Teachers get an oral exam and they must be able to drip out. They lose a point for any outdated references and if they say any kind of old cliché like ” kids these days” or “broken record” they are automatically dropped from the program.

” Whoo Hoo! I can’t wait to be more hip and have a rad time with my students,” said Mrs. Bookworm.

Teachers were trippin. Now they finna be drippin.

*This article is a satire and is not meant to be taken literally.*