Satire: Brentwood High School Institutes “Teach the Parent Day”

Tatiana Gonzalez, Staff Writer

Do you ever feel like your parents don’t understand your academic struggles? Starting May 1, 2023, Brentwood High School will be holding a monthly “Teach the Parent” Day.  

Parents will follow their child’s schedule on the first Friday of every month while the kids get the day off. This will be considered a mental health day as it helps students’ de-stress while teachers educate the parents. 

“These Boomers don’t understand what being young means anymore, it’s been a millennial for them,” said Itz Noot Ahfaze, a sophomore. 

Parents will be put in their children’s shoes. This includes going to all their kids’ classes and staying after for extracurricular activities. 

The parents who have agreed to this challenge seem to think it will be easy to take on. These grown adults do not believe they contribute to the problems by discounting how hard coursework has become.  

“Back in my day, if I complained about school being difficult, my grandmama would beat me to bone,” said parent Beck Inn Madai. 

Just like teens get suspensions and detentions for misbehaving in school, parents will also get similar consequences. For every class that is not attended, the parent must complete one homework assignment for their child PLUS one more they must do for themselves. 

Students showed much excitement and appreciation for the program. Students are hopeful that through this experience, relationships with their parents will improve. 

*This article is a satire and is not meant to be taken literally.*