Satire: 2024 Senior Trip Relocates to Chuck E. Cheese

Nicole Rodriguez, Staff Writer

Attention all upcoming seniors: Ready to feel the nostalgia of your childhood? On October 27, 2023, the senior trip will be located at Chuck E. Cheese from 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.

There’ll be no more of those rides that leave your stomach turning or psycho clowns following you for no reason. Forget Dorney Park’s Fright Fest and say hello to a blast from the past!

Students will be able to play video games that they completely forgot existed. They can enjoy rolling a skeeball and playing other colorful arcade games. And if they really want to get the party started, they can have a dance party with good ol’ Chuck every hour.

Rather sit and relax? Here’s some good news: Chuck E. Cheese still sells their famous, delicious, and gooey pizza that everyone knows and loves.

“I haven’t even gone there since I was a kid,” said Jasper Jowls, a Ross student.

What can be better than desperately trying to get that one plushy from the claw machine? A day with the Chuck E. Cheese! The seniors will have the chance to win the privilege to spend the whole day with Chuck.

When a student purchases a ticket, they’ll be automatically entered into the raffle. The winner will be announced before the trip. From eating pizza together, to getting stuck in the ball pit together, Chuck E won’t leave your side—not even for a second!

We asked a couple of upcoming seniors their thoughts about this exciting change to the senior trip and received some colorful responses.

“I’m going to spend my day with no rat,” said Ross Pietro, Sonderling student said.

“As long as I can still get money out of it, I’m ok with it,” said Chuckette Cheesy, a Ross student.

“Honestly, I think going to Chuck E. Cheese isn’t going to be as bad as people are making it out to be,” Chic Henn, a Sonderling student.

Besides the unlimited number of prizes that can be won, there are many benefits to going to Chuck E. Cheese. For instance, Chuck E. Cheese is right around the corner! There’s no need to sit in boredom for 3-4 hours, starving, dying of thirst, and constantly wondering when your next meal will be.

“I heard that tickets are going to be cheaper too, which would mean kids can actually afford this trip,” Mr. Munch, Economics teacher said.

Tickets will be available for $30. No need to pack a bagged lunch. During the Chuck E. Cheese trip, students will have unlimited pizza! So put that frown upside down and get ready to feel like a kid again!

*This article is a satire and is not meant to be taken literally.*