Satire: Brentwood High School Adds 10th Period to Bell Schedule

Karina Mauricio, Staff Writer

Tired of nine periods? Too bad, because Brentwood High School is adding a tenth period next school year. If all goes well, the Freshman Center may adopt this change in the future. 

The Brentwood administrators think that kids need more time in school. The more time they can get to be educated the better. They agree that the school day is short, and they should add a tenth period starting in the 2023-24 school year.  

The way the schedule will work is the day will start at 7:30 so students will get to sleep in! There will be 5 minutes in between each period. First and ninth period will be 55 minutes each, and second through eighth will be 50 minutes.  

“I love this idea. Students get more educated – I get more money!’ said Ms. Boots.  

The last bell will ring at 4:45 which is when dismissal will start. Students will have 15 minutes to leave the building or go to an after-school activity. They are to be in an after-school activity or out of the building by 5.  

After school clubs will end at 5:45 and sports at 7:30. The schedule is posted here so you can see the times for each class. 

“I think kids definitely need more time in school. Seven hours is too short!” said Mrs. Her. 

“I don’t care how long students are in school, I spend most of time in lunch break anyway,” said Mr. Apple. 

With the additional time in the school day, students will have Math, English, Social Studies, Science, lunch, a language class of their choice, gym every day, and three electives of their choice. There will be no A or B days anymore. Students will have the same classes every day until the rest of the year. There will also be new elective classes to choose from. 

“My opinion on this very new bell schedule of ten periods is that it is very unusual and outrageous,” said sophomore Michel Jackson.

“I don’t like this…I might drop out,” said senior Debby Downer.

Since the school day will be longer, teachers will not be allowed to give students homework. They will be doing enough work in school; they do not need all the extra work.  

When junior Bru H. was asked how he felt about this new change, he just shrugged. 

The school year will also end a week before it usually does. Administrators think students deserve an extra week off in summer after being in school for a long time during the school year.  

*This article is a satire and is not meant to be taken literally.*