Le Cercle Français has a New Advisor!

Madame Edwards is taking over the French Club

Veronica Castillo, Staff Writer

Last year  Mme. Herbs was the French 1,2,4 and AP teacher as well as the advisor of French Club and French Honor Society. When she retired, students were wondering who was going to take her place. Mme. Edwards took on the role of the new advisor for French Club and Honor Society. In the process there has been a lot of stress, excitement, and anxiety from not only her, but the students as well.

Madame Edwards is a hardworking, young, kind teacher who works both at Brentwood High School and West Middle School. She teaches French 1a ,2, 3, and this year she started teaching French 4 (sadly AP French is no longer available). She is also the JV tennis coach. French Club has always been a fun, social club, while still learning about French culture. Mme. Edwards has done an amazing job at keeping the club interesting. “I love the enthusiasm and how you [the French Club] run everything and put your own ideas and twist on spreading French culture throughout the school,” said Ms. Larsen, a Spanish teacher who is close with the French Club.

One of the first tasks French Club had to tackle was sales at homecoming. The French Club and French Honor Society sold various items such as fried oreos, cake pops, croissants, water, and juice, which sold out before half-time. For Safe Halloween, the French Club made pumpkin bracelets and the kids loved it. “So far it has been great. There is a wonderful group of students we are working with, and so far all the events we have participated in have been successful. I’m looking for new creative ideas for the future,” Mme. Edwards stated on the day after Safe Halloween. French Club members and Mme. Edwards are really excited to see what other fun events occur throughout the year.

If students are interested in learning about a new language, the French Club meets every other Thursday in room 1414 at 2:00 p.m. Want to know what the French club is up to now? Follow them on Instagram @bhs_frenchclub